How to help Japan in their time of need.
The U.S. State Department is urging any U.S. citizens to contact friends and family as soon as possible. They can also e-mail the State Department at JapanEmergencyUSC@state.gov. Those seeking information on security in or travel to Japan can call 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444.
- The Red Cross has already launched efforts in Japan. Visit Redcross.org
- Save the Children Mobilizes Response to Massive Japan Earthquake, Tsunamis
- Global Giving – Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund
- Google: Person Finder
- International Medical Corps Responding to Tsunami-affected Countries
- World Vision is mobilizing an emergency response to disasters around the world
- The Salvation Army in Japan is responding to the earthquake and tsunami that brought devastation to the north of the country.
- Microsoft has a Disaster Response Effort underway.
- Mercy Corps is “accepting donations to help survivors of Japan’s earthquake and tsunami.
- Facebook has a Disaster Relief page
- Americares.org is helping to build emergency supply convoys to aid shelters.
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in more than 60 countries to assist people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe.
Updated 3/22/2011 @ 7:11 EDT